[ubuntu-studio-devel] Hellotux shop

ttoine ttoine at ttoine.net
Fri Aug 12 11:13:17 UTC 2016

> On 2016-08-12 11:28, ttoine wrote:
> > Set, thanks a lot for your answer. I think that instead having this
> > ressource on Launchpad, we should have a page on our website, like
> > this: https://eclipse.org/artwork/ With all the ressources available
> > to download. And a disclaimer, telling what you can do or not do, and
> > how to contact us. This would make it easier.
>
> That is a very good idea! We should make a section like that on the new
> website. Can you/would you have time to help us formulate the
> guide-lines / disclaimer? I think you are the most knowledgeable member
> in that regard.

Something like:
Ubuntu Studio, CoF logo and Ubuntu Studio logo are registered trademarks of
Canonical. You can use them following Canonical Intellectual property
rights policy
<http://www.ubuntu.com/legal/terms-and-policies/intellectual-property-policy#your-use-of-our-trademarks>
.

the link:
http://www.ubuntu.com/legal/terms-and-policies/intellectual-property-policy#your-use-of-our-trademarks

I think this should be enough. And if Canonical needs more, they will
contact us (they contact me from time to time for this kind of stuff)

> I have to say, i'm personally very interested in your work and also glad
> to learn more about your history in Ubuntu Studio, your investments. The
> more i get to know about you, the more i admire you Antoine. If i could
> wish something, it would be that i would have gotten to know these
> details in a more... positive context.

Yes, of course. Thanks for pointing this out. By the way, if someone has
questions, I am happy to answer in another thread. BTW, I am invited by the
editors of opensource.com (owned by Redhat, fyi) to write a series of
article about my involvement in Floss, Ubuntu Studio, multimedia production
all that. I should start with the first article this fall, I hope I can
find time to write.

> I don't know much about Ralf contribution to FLOSS at large, but i can
> back my claim that despite his harsh tone, he has helped many users
> solve their problems. At the end of the day, his contribution on the
> user-list is mostely very precious.

OK.

> I know i might sound out of my league due to that recent flame-thread i
> was a partialy responsible of, but if it teached me something it is that
> we are not here to rank each others benevolent participation. Please
> continue the discussion off-list if you have to and stay kind to each
> other.

That was not my idea. But I didn't appreciate Ralf could consider I don't
know anything about Floss and communication / marketing / community
management. I am very sorry about my tone, my aim was just to make it clear
who I am, my background, my opinions.

Antoine