[ubuntu-studio-devel] Hellotux shop

ttoine ttoine at ttoine.net
Thu Aug 11 13:42:37 UTC 2016

To be clear about the partnership side: this is not possible to have
business partners, because of the brand license. I had to ask them to
practice a fair price, add a disclaimer, and to be sure that this is ok, I
sent them a copy of the license. Actually, In general, Hellotux give a part
of the price to the relative community. They proposed such a deal, but we
are not allowed to do so. It would mean negotiating again with Canonical,
have a legal entity for Ubuntu Studio (like a non profit organisation),
etc. It has been discussed in the past, this is too complicated.

BTW, we already have a Spreadshirt shop, and I didn't remember any one had
such argument against it at the time. This could be the same: where do they
buy the shirt? Who worked on the fabric?

@thomas: hellotux is not printing. This is embroidery and that's why it can
not be detailed. The picture on the webshop are made with Photoshop from a
first embroidery done on plain fabric, not on actual polo/shirt. I will
share a picture of the one I get, asap.

@ralf: Your point of view is extreme. This is not the point of view we
should expect from an Ubuntu Studio enthusiast, and from an open source
enthusiast in general (and trust me, I know what I am telling here).
Question: would you wear some Ubuntu Studio swag at an open source
conference???

Antoine THOMAS
Tél: 0663137906