[ubuntu-studio-devel] Packages up for removal, unless someone wants to maintain them

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Thu Sep 10 01:58:37 UTC 2015

On Thu, 10 Sep 2015, Filipe Coelho wrote:

> oh hi there!
> Nice to see someone interested on packaging Carla.

I think it is a good addition to Linux Audio. Fills a place that will soon
be empty.

> Note that I recommend going with the latest beta release.
> If this is really going into Debian I can certainly try to push a little
> harder for a new beta or possibly RC release.

I think I DL both, but I will check.

> Everything in Carla (2.x series) is optional, even the frontend.
> But you most likely want the frontend.

Yes, I want as much as possible actually. However, It would be better to
leave things out and have the program than expect everything and have
nothing.

> ALSA and PulseAudio, well why not.
> For them the final dependencies will only be libasound2 and libpulse0, which
> all desktop systems have anyway.

All Ubuntu for sure. I think it is pretty standard in debian too.

>> ---> LV2 UI toolkit support:
>> ExternalUI: YES  (direct)
>> GtkUI:      YES  (bridge)
>> Gtk3UI:     NO  [Gtk3 missing]
>> Qt4UI:      YES  (direct+bridge)
>> Qt5UI:      NO  [Qt5 missing]
>> X11UI:      YES  (direct+bridge)

> You *should* have all possible toolkits enabled.
> Those are not linked to the main Carla library but use external compiled
> tools,
> so there's no possiblity of conflicts.

I'll try that.

www.ovenwerks.net