[ubuntu-studio-devel] Elementary OS

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Wed Sep 2 02:27:11 UTC 2015

On Tue, 1 Sep 2015, ttoine wrote:

> Hardware:
>  - Most of Blackmagic hardware work great with Linux for video
>  - I would recommand to avoid PCI sound card now, and use USB2 compliant sound
> card instead: I can work at 3ms of latency without issues with Focusrite,
> Presonus or Allen & Heath devices, and we can expect to have less with Arturia's
> Audiofuse (can't wait to test it)

unless you have a working pci IF already. There are still new mother
boards with working pci slots, mine has three. I don't know about buying a
pci card though. I might buy a pcie AI like one of the AudioScience boards
if it fit my needs, but USB would give more bang for the buck for sure.

To take this one step farther, I think it is reasonable to assume that
most Studio users will have a USB AI and default tweaks/setup in that
direction. Those with a PCI will likely have some experience setting it
up.

Your breadth of experience is very helpful.

www.ovenwerks.net