[ubuntu-studio-devel] Call for contributors for 16.04 LTS (Testing, PR&Support, Artwork, Packaging, Documentation)

flocculant at gmx.co.uk flocculant at gmx.co.uk
Wed Oct 28 23:27:07 UTC 2015

On 26/10/15 14:29, Kaj Ailomaa wrote:
> [snip]
>
> # TESTING
>
> We need to start doing application testing!
>
> For this, we need to start writing test cases. The period best suited
> for application testing is right after Debian Import Freeze, which
> happens when the first Beta Release of Ubuntu Studio comes out, which
> should be around February. So, we have about 4 months time to write a
> bunch of test cases.
> Testing applications thoroughly should produce more bug reports, and
> clarify many problems with how applications are packaged or coded, so
> this is actually very important work from a user point of view.
>
> Testing lead would be responsible for making sure our ISOs are tested
> and marked ready for release. This will happen at least three times next
> cycle, February (Beta1), March(FinalBeta) and April(FinalRelease).
> If application testing ever becomes successful, the lead would also be
> responsible for documenting bugs and other problems, so that developers
> may do something to correct them.
>
> [snip]
If people want to start looking at this - I'm happy to help where I can
- if nothing more than helping with the admin side of testcases.

If people want to have some sort of irc meeting about that, I'd be happy
to come along, I know where it can be a pain and how Xubuntu dealt with
it. I'd do my best to be about for you all

No way I could think about lead - I have Xubuntu to drag through the
next 6 months QA wise

regards