[ubuntu-studio-devel] PR & Support: Where to fish for contributors?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Oct 28 12:31:37 UTC 2015

On Wed, 28 Oct 2015 12:14:19 +0100, Jimmy Sjölund wrote:
>There would be no Ubuntu Studio without social networks.

Ubuntu is a major distro and as for many other major distros too, a
multimedia port in spite of itself grow up. I doubt that the big social
networks are useful for anything good on this planet. IMO the big
social networks are sandboxes for anything that doesn't fit to a
good forum. There are forums for every domain.

It's more useful to be present in forums and mailing lists that are
related to computers and/or multimedia.

The big social networks collect and share data for marketing of
big companies and for misuse by governments, IOW for organisations that
are against the spirit of transparency.

I didn't search for crap on Facebook and Co, I just used a search
engine to search for Facebook and Co in generell. All hits linked to
crap.

Black and white opinions about world affairs and scatology even when
talking about banalities, e.g. a potato in a potato chips bag is all
search engines will link to, resp. it's listed on top of the social
networks by them self.

That's the homepage of reddit. I did not pick some odd exception, I
just clicked on the links provided there: https://www.reddit.com/

There are no serious links I missed, there's crap only.

Public relation on such a forum is like public relation written with a
permanent marker under the blue light of a railway station toilet.

Regards,
Ralf