[ubuntu-studio-devel] Desktop Agnostic, Was: Re: Gedit

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Fri Nov 27 14:54:09 UTC 2015

On Fri, Nov 27, 2015, at 08:41 AM, Jonathan Aquilina wrote:
> Just some thoughts here and I know probably my input wont matter much.
>
> Why not use enlightenment WM. It is lightweight and super quick. I think
> for an multimedia based distribution it would be a great way to go so
> that
> one can maximise resource usage by the multimedia applications.
>
> Jonathan Aquilina

There's no reason why we cannot add it as one of the alternatives aside
from our default DE, which is currently an old Xubuntu (which I was
supposed to update today, but I will do tomorrow instead).
So, let's begin there, by adding it to the list of DEs.

I personally do not think it would be a good default DE, as the DE
should be something everyone can live with, especially new users who
have never used Linux before. And, we haven't been discussing a default
DE for a while now, so we would need to do that. But, perhaps later,
after we have something in place as to the DE agnostic plans.