[ubuntu-studio-devel] workflows

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Tue May 26 09:09:18 UTC 2015

On Tue, May 26, 2015, at 10:43 AM, Kaj Ailomaa wrote:
> It would also mean we can fine tune each "workflow"/category, so that we
> make sure we really have the best possible tools and utilities for each
> area of multimedia production.

If we really want to take this to a next level, we also do a bit of
documentation on each sub category, and explain what tools are used for
what purpose. We would do this in our web site. One page(meta) for each
main category, and one page(meta) for each sub category. Also, a link to
install the meta package from that page.

There wouldn't need to be much on each page. Just a bit of written info
and some pictures. A link to a video on youtube, where the video just
quickly shows the tools in action. Also, links to additional resources
for the applications, such as the home page, documenation, important
community, great tutorials, etc.

Additionally, it would be great if we would list packages that were not
selected for our metas. Or, at least give an easy way to find them -
like we do in the menu with the Extra packages links.