[ubuntu-studio-devel] Feature Freeze Coming up

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Tue Aug 18 12:41:17 UTC 2015

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015, at 11:33 AM, Jimmy Sjölund wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 10:48 AM, Kaj Ailomaa <zequence at mousike.me>
> wrote:
>
> > Feature Freeze is on Thursday. This means we can no longer just upload
> > any changes we make to Wily, but uploads need to pass the archive
> > admins.
> >
> > So, if you have any thoughts on changes that need to be done to Wily,
> > please present them now.
> >
> > As I mentioned before I'd like to look into incorporating Plume Creator in
> Ubuntu Studio, http://www.plume-creator.eu/. It is an application
> dedicated
> to writing; blog posts, novels, essays or reports.
>
> It is already in the repos and in Debian with the version 1 (0.67).
> Version
> 2 is under development and is a major re-write of all the code in Python.
> I'm not sure about the targets for Ubuntu Studio, but in my mind creating
> books or short stories are creative work and as such it could be argued
> be included. If not, it is easily installed as it is in the repos.

I don't remember if we talked about the category for this. It's not
within audio, graphics or video, since it's about creating literature.
I'm not against adding it, but we need to add a new spot for
applications like this.
It's put under the Debian section "editors", which doesn't exactly fully
explain its use. Freedesktop category is "Office".
It is more than a text editor. It's a sort of IDE for writing text. But,
what to call this field?

We don't have a meta package for this type. What would we call it?