[ubuntu-studio-devel] UbuntuStudio QA and Testcases.

Elfy ub.untu at btinternet.com
Sun May 25 10:42:47 UTC 2014

Hi Everyone,

So I started looking at the packages for the various metas and the list
of bugs already created for testcases.

Now, the majority of the applications used for the metas don't mean a
great deal to me. I /think/ I've got the bulk of them using apt-cache
show and synaptic ;) but I am in no doubt that things will be missing,
there that don't need to be. You get the picture.

What I'd really like is for people to check the wiki [1] I created for a
few things.

1 - do apps with testcase bug missing NEED one - if so please create a
suitable bug ( a link to the right place is on the wiki)
2 - if there is an app on the list - that DOESN'T need a testcase -
please remove it from the list
3 - do apps that have a bug - NEED one - if they don't please mark the
bug INVALID - if you can't then let me know

Next - we'll need to try and set some sort of priority for them all.

I can't do that.

*Writing testcases*

This is the crux of the issue, we can create all the lists we want, we
can create the tracker - but without the testcases that is all
completely pointless.

What I would like to know is who can help to write them, they aren't
particularly complicated to write - but they do need a knowledge of the
application - I could write a testcase for each one in an hour or so -
but all you'd be checking is does it start - does it close :)

So - if you'd like to get involved with pushing this forward - and, like
me have always wondered how you can contribute as you're not a coder,
then *now* is your chance.

It will be a fair bit of work to get them written - but it can be done.

If that is /you, /reply to this mail and we can make a start.

If there is a need to do so I can run a quick IRC session on the basics
of what you'll need to know.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Regards

Elfy