[ubuntu-studio-devel] Feature Spec Discussion: Introduce New Netinstall ISO

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Tue Jun 10 13:05:41 UTC 2014

New blueprint for our new live CD
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/ubuntustudio-live-cd.

I've talked with cj watson on getting the ISO to build. Should be a
reality not too far into the future.

I'll be editing our seeds a bit prior to that, but waiting until I get a
green light. Going to merge our ship seed with the live seed, since we
only do live ISOs now. And a few other things, in order to make sure the
CD doesn't end up with all of our meta packages.

The current preinstalled packages for the CD, will be:
 * minimal desktop, based on xubuntu-core
 * ubuntustudio-audio-core (includes jackd2, and a bunch of other core
 components)