[ubuntu-studio-devel] LTS proposal 14.04

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Feb 26 01:16:17 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-02-26 at 00:30 +0100, Jimmy Sjölund wrote:
> I think it's good to keep the same support period, meaning 5 years.

In general it is a good idea, but keep in mind that Debian and Ubuntu
will switch to systemd soon. Maintaining releases with different systems
might be much work for you. Systemd differs a lot to Ubuntu's upstart
and Debian's SysVinit. IIRC 14.04 still does use upstart, but AFAIK the
next release will use systemd. Am I mistaken?

Regards,
Ralf