[ubuntu-studio-devel] What should be included by default in Trusty?

lukefromdc at hushmail.com lukefromdc at hushmail.com
Wed Feb 12 20:18:18 UTC 2014

Kdenlive assuming no issue comes along to prevent it from building. It may not
get new development for a while as the developer had to take a break and next
up is a huge refactoring program, but at version 0.9.6 right now it performs
very well and is regarded by many as simply the best video editor available in
Linux. It is so important to my work that I could never use any version of any
distro in which it could not either be installed or run from a portable folder.

Lightworks by comparison is NOT free software, it requires activation, the unpaid
version is almost useless and no source code is available. In my opinion no distro
should touch it.