[ubuntu-studio-devel] Ubuntu Studio 13.10 released

Ho Wan Chan smartboyhw at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 13:22:04 UTC 2013

Dear Ubuntu Studio users,

The Ubuntu Studio team proudly announces the immediate release of
Ubuntu Studio 13.10.

This exciting release incorporates the new features listed below.

* A new menu structure which works on any desktop environment. Len
Ovens and Mish did a great job on moving various apps to the right
submenu and creating new menu icons.

* A new package named ubuntustudio-installer, which allows any person
to install our metapackages and can fit into any desktop environment.

* Instead of a settings menu, we have fitted in a new Settings
Manager, with all settings in one place.

* When you are in the GRUB Menu, the boot item for Ubuntu Studio will
show "Ubuntu Studio" instead of "Ubuntu". Also, the latest -lowlatency
kernel will be always the default boot item in the GRUB boot loader.

* The XFCE session in the LightDM is removed to avoid any confusion
with the Ubuntu Studio session.

* A new wallpaper, made by our artwork lead, Zak Frappan.

* The linux-lowlatency kernel has been updated to upstream Linux
kernel version 3.11.3.

* We have added GNOME Orca for accessibility purposes, and also Ardour
3 for audio production.

Please d0wnload the image, available at
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntustudio/releases/13.10/release.

We strongly recommend users currently using Ubuntu Studio 13.04 to
upgrade to this release.

You are free to read the release notes in
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SaucySalamander/ReleaseNotes/UbuntuStudio. The
release notes contain instructions to upgrade, and information that
might be useful for users.

Ubuntu Studio 13.10 will be supported for 9 months. User support is
available in the Ubuntu Forums, #ubuntustudio IRC channel on Freenode
IRC Network, and also at our mailing list,
ubuntu-studio-users at lists.ubuntu.com.

We sincerely hope that you enjoy this release, and thank you for using
Ubuntu Studio.

Best wishes,

Howard Chan (smartboyhw)

Ubuntu Studio Release Manager