Voip SIP client and jack

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Mon May 27 14:12:29 UTC 2013

On Mon, May 27, 2013 5:46 am, Marco BRUNO wrote:
> Hello everyone, and I hope to ask the question in the right place.
> Ubuntu studio currently has no voip / SIP software  to work with Jack.
>
> ihu (i hear you)  is  suggested on jack site  but not present in ubuntu
> repository.

IHU is also no longer maintained. Last release is 2007. This is not a SIP
client so you can not use it to take phone calls, both ends would have to
be running the same software. It is more like teamspeak (for OSS only??!!)
or mumble (alsa/pulse). The asterisk tool set does have a Jack module, but
requires learning it well enough to implement. The up side being that once
it is set up, the other end can be any phone/SIP client.

When/if I find some time, I will try setting up something.

www.OvenWerks.net