To add to the menus? A meta installer

lukefromdc at hushmail.com lukefromdc at hushmail.com
Mon Jun 24 02:41:26 UTC 2013

Each version of Mint (except the Debian version) uses repos from the
version of Ubuntu that released about a month before it. Mint 15 "Olivia"
get almost all its packages from Raring, Mint 14 from Quantal, etc.

Mint is in effect a distro-level PPA on top of Ubuntu, from which a very
few packages transform the OS to use Cinnamon, MATE-or even
XFCE. That version must be very close to Xubuntu except for having
all codecs, Flash, and Java by default plus their branding and management
packages-and minus Software Center and Ubuntu One (as far as I know).