? Cinnamon ?

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Tue Jun 11 02:05:41 UTC 2013

On Mon, June 10, 2013 6:03 pm, C. F. Howlett wrote:

>> I'm confused.  Why are the developers installing US with cinnamon?  Is
>> this to be an official option to future US?  Did I miss something?
>> Thanks
>> in advance for clarification.

xfce will remain the DE of choice on our downloadable ISO. However, There
seem to be many people who would like to add our metas and menu to
whatever system they have now. Cinnamon is one of the ones I want to try
it on. and as Luke says it can be theme-ed to look very close to gnome 2,
which some people like. (in my opinion, KDE with the classic menu is not
far off either).

I have also found that the DE does make a difference as to what works on
what HW. I can not get gnome shell to work on this box at all, but KDE
OTOH works with more SW than xfce does. That is probably what I will end
up with on my desktop. XFCE works just fine on my laptop. It will be
interesting to see what fun MIR is :)

www.OvenWerks.net