Disabling pulseaudio

lukefromdc at hushmail.com lukefromdc at hushmail.com
Mon Jul 29 06:22:29 UTC 2013

Depends on hardware and purpose. I run bare alsa in my machines for utter
maximum performance, no issues on desktops but laptop has to start JACK
to play any mono audio, as there is no mono channel on its soundcard.

If I were to send a copy of that netbook to an ordinary user, I would install
Pulseaudio and sacrifice 720p video playback. I originally removed it from
the desktop because 4 core Phenoms had issues with AVCHD with it, I
doubt my 8-core AMD bulldozer box would be bothered.