Disabling pulseaudio

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Wed Jul 17 09:37:20 UTC 2013

On 07/09/2013 06:06 PM, Mike Holstein wrote:
> what if we had a pulse audio developer on this list?

Actually, we do. And I try to fix the more important problems with
PulseAudio when I have the time to do so. (It's not always easy to know
which problems are important: which ones only happen to one specific
user and which ones happen to many, and e g which ones appear to happen
to many but in fact are 10 different driver fixes instead, and so on.)

Anyway. The original poster asked when ~/.pulse changed to
~/.config/pulse, I think this was with PA 3.0 (or possibly PA 2.0) to
follow the XDG specification better. That should translate to either
12.10 or 13.04 in Ubuntu terms.

Also, with the above in mind, feel free to read my guide on how I think
one should disable PulseAudio here:

http://voices.canonical.com/david.henningsson/2012/07/13/top-five-wrong-ways-to-fix-your-audio/

(see section "2. Don’t purge PulseAudio")

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic