[testcases] Creation of Ubuntu Studio specific testcase

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Mon Sep 24 15:06:23 UTC 2012

On Thu, 20 Sep 2012 09:36:20 +0200, Ho Wan Chan <smartboyhw at gmail.com>
wrote:

<snip>

> I think it will be a better idea to just let people who want to help
> with the testcase to edit the testcase in a wiki. So I created a wiki
> >page
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/QuantalTestcaseUpdates/UbuntuStudioTestcase
> to let you all edit it.
>
> Actually it is the steps after installation is more important, so you
> can think about what we can add, e.g. audio testing, hardware >testing...
>
> You may have a look at
> http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/219/builds/23726/testcases/1434/results
> and
> http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/>qatracker/milestones/219/builds/23726/testcases/1433/results
> and look at the examples.

<snip>

I think we should focus as little as possible on Ubuntu and Xubuntu
specific test cases, i.e. things that we share with those two distros, as
those are things that will be corrected without our help.
We should keep our testcase economic, and mostly focused on the multimedia
aspects.
With whatever customization we do to the desktop, that should be tested
too, of course.

As I am not that involved in the desktop customization, I would gladly
just focus on the multimedia test cases.
Perhaps someone could look through the page and try to filter out anything
that we don't need to test (for reasons stated above)?