Plymouth text version

Emmet Hikory persia at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 12 03:51:15 UTC 2012

Ho Wan Chan wrote:
> no no no I mean to abolish the text theme ONLY. The graphical one should
> remain.

    This means that we have no output multiplexor when booting on devices
that are in VGA fallback mode: as it turns out, in addition to some virtual
environments, this is also true for lots of actual hardware (albeit low-end).
While we don't really expect anyone to run a full DAW in such environments,
there may be plenty of folk who have relatively underpowered machines they
use as effects boxes of one sort or another in an analog mixer chain.

    That said, if there's no interest in maintaining a special Ubuntu Studio
text theme, we could just fall back to the text theme used for the Desktop
and Server products: there are few enough affected users that we're unlikely
to receive too many complaints.

--
Emmet HIKORY