Plymouth text version

Scott Lavender scottalavender at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 13:08:31 UTC 2012

On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 9:51 PM, Emmet Hikory <persia at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Ho Wan Chan wrote:
> > no no no I mean to abolish the text theme ONLY. The graphical one should
> > remain.
>
>     This means that we have no output multiplexor when booting on devices
> that are in VGA fallback mode: as it turns out, in addition to some virtual
> environments, this is also true for lots of actual hardware (albeit
> low-end).
> While we don't really expect anyone to run a full DAW in such environments,
> there may be plenty of folk who have relatively underpowered machines they
> use as effects boxes of one sort or another in an analog mixer chain.
>
>     That said, if there's no interest in maintaining a special Ubuntu
> Studio
> text theme, we could just fall back to the text theme used for the Desktop
> and Server products: there are few enough affected users that we're
> unlikely
> to receive too many complaints.
>
> --
> Emmet HIKORY

i would like to keep this as low maintenance as possible.

if we can fall back to the text theme used for Desktop, that would present
a solution with very little overhead or maintenance. so +1 here.

i am not opposed to including the version numbers (i like the idea
actually), however we would need to make the original .svg (or whatever
filetype) available (perhaps included with source) so this is low threshold
as possible to update. that would have also get a +1 then.

scottl