Improving OOTB performance

Сергей Давыдов shnatsel at gmail.com
Mon May 21 18:48:01 UTC 2012

Len,

Latest release of ulatencyd is available in Debian and Ubuntu repos.
I've written some configs for desktop use case which were accepted
upstream, but I guess you're not interested in them, so there's
nothing really new for you in trunk compared to latest release.

However, CONFIG_CGROUP_MEM_RES_CTLR is disabled by default on Debian
kernels, I'm not sure if it's enabled on Ubuntu kernels and if it
affects CONFIG_CGROUP_MEM_RES_CTLR_SWAP, but you'd better check
-lowlatency kernel configs and/or kernel parameter documentation if
you're going to control swap with ulatencyd.

For now I came back just to say thanks for pointing me towards Maemo
tools. I've been using Maemo as my primary phone OS for over a year
now and I love it! Now I love its devs even more! :D

--
Sergey "Shnatsel" Davidoff