SVG

Shubham Mishra mishrashubham2007 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 10:19:25 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 3:11 PM,  Ralf Mardorf  wrote

>Let's say I've got two identically circles and I want to edit stroke and
>fill of both circles. Is it possible to link both circles, so that
>editing one fill, will edit the fill of the other circle in the same
>way? I also guess that if this should be possible, it would reduce data,
>not only work.

In Inkscape you can select both the circles with shift+click (you need
to have the select tool enabled for this). And then after selecting
ctrl+G will group the objects. Then both will have the same fill and
stroke and other properties. They will even move together. It wouldn't
reduce file size though.

>The Inkscape version of Ubuntu Studio Precise supports different sorts
>of SVG files and PDF. What is the most "common" SVG format? For sharing
>the files with other software, would there be any benefit when using PDF
>instead?

Plain SVG should be fine. Don't try svgz or other formats. PDF makes
the file uneditable. It is only for viewing purposes.

>What kind of CC license or other license is needed, that Linux distros
>can use artwork?

At least for Ubuntu Studio it is "Creative Commons Legal Code
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5"

On 7/29/12, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> Hi :)
>
> today I started testing making scalable icons. For the iPad 2 I
> installed the gratis app neu.Draw.
> It does work, when I e.g. draw a circle with outline (stroke) and a
> gradient fill using neu.Draw, safe it as a SVG and then open it with
> Inkscape on my Linux PC to continue the work.
>
> Scaling the circle as it is, does work and it's possible to edit the
> existing stroke and fill, there's no need to make a new fill.
>
> Let's say I've got two identically circles and I want to edit stroke and
> fill of both circles. Is it possible to link both circles, so that
> editing one fill, will edit the fill of the other circle in the same
> way? I also guess that if this should be possible, it would reduce data,
> not only work.
>
> If it shouldn't be possible, I would draw all outlines in the same color
> and do no fills during work, but do different outline colors and fills
> at the end of the work.
>
> Until now I didn't test what happens if I safe a SVG with Inkscape and
> after that continue work with neu.Draw.
>
> neu.Draw formats are
>         JPG Image
>         PNG Image
>         PDF (Vector) File
>         SVG File
>
> The Inkscape version of Ubuntu Studio Precise supports different sorts
> of SVG files and PDF. What is the most "common" SVG format? For sharing
> the files with other software, would there be any benefit when using PDF
> instead?
>
> What kind of CC license or other license is needed, that Linux distros
> can use artwork?
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

HAVE A GOOD DAY.