Graphics apps

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Thu Jul 26 14:43:45 UTC 2012

On Thu, July 26, 2012 7:20 am, Len Ovens wrote:

> effects, midi, mixers, and synths so far. I can include things that are
> not on the ubuntu repos and if the user adds the PPA that goes with them
> they will work after that. For example, I have included non-mixer in the
> mixers, but it doesn't show up right now. However if the user adds the
> kxstudio ppa, it will.

What I should have added... should we add a small gui that adds these
PPAs? Something that explains the the benefits and risks and then has
buttons to add PPAs individually with perhaps a list of apps available
there. As with all installers this would have to be sudo using pkexec or
something similar. (I happen to know that pk comes with ubuntu already) I
would do this with tk/tcl (which we include already) but others might use
the python equiv.

www.OvenWerks.net