ERe: help button in our main menu

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Mon Jul 9 13:19:38 UTC 2012

On Mon, July 9, 2012 5:45 am, Scott Lavender wrote:

> Can I ask what people would like in the "Help" menu?
>
> Xubuntu has information in their help file, which is most likely just
> general desktop use. Do we wish to use this as a starting point and
> moderate it to fit our applications?

When last I looked at the Xubuntu help page, a lot of it was links to the
application's changelog. Not very helpful, the man pages where better ;)

I think making up a help page is a major undertaking. Even deciding what
to include. Some audio applications have a manual that is bigger than the
application itself.

But links do not help the person who wants their machine netfree.

www.OvenWerks.net