Groups, permisions, work flow

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Sun Jan 22 20:08:18 UTC 2012

On 01/21/2012 06:41 PM, Len Ovens wrote:
> There was some discussion on the IRC channel that got me thinking about
> this. Ubuntu's standard position on use of the audio group is here:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Audio/TheAudioGroup

After having cleaned that page up a bit (something strange was recently
added to it), I'd just clarify my wishlist:

  1) I would like users to be able to get stable real-time audio without
having to violate system security.

  2) If that is not possible, I'd like the audio group - as used by
jackd2 - to be renamed in order not to clash with the problems outlined
in the above article.

The second solution seems quite simple to implement, so I've just filed
a bug for this in Debian:

Let's see what happens.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.