cd/dvd burning tools for video

Marc R.J. Brevoort mrjb at dnd.utwente.nl
Tue Feb 21 11:42:28 UTC 2012

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012, Len Ovens wrote:

> Is there anyone who does more video work and can test brasero for making
> video cd/dvds. Are there tools that are missing for this work?

I'm personally still dreaming about a tool that allows you to drag and
drop videos of any format to a DVD image and click "burn" and have it
result in a DVD that "just works". You know, the same way I can drag
MP3 files to K3B and it will perform any necessary conversions
for me on-the-fly.

Sure, I'll specify PAL or NTSC, wide screen or 4:3 if I have to.

But whether it is a video recorded by my son at 10fps 640x480 on his
Nintendo DS or a .dv format video shot with a handicam, ffmpeg and friends
have so many options that even just getting it to do "the right thing" is
a nightmare. Avidemux is slightly better but still confusing.

Note that as a developer with 2 decades of experience and former
recording studio owner, I'd hardly consider myself a noob. Imagine how
confusing this stuff is for "regular" users.

Perhaps I should direct this rant at the K3B people?

Best,
Marc