workflow menus

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Aug 13 20:48:03 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-08-13 at 13:28 -0700, Len Ovens wrote:
> Scott,
>   Some thoughts:
>  - If the workflows will have their own menus, then the icons used by the
> mainmenu for those submenus could be used for now. Otherwise new menus
> would be needed and we are already behind on that. I am going to have
> less time to devote to things like US at this point. I have probably
> spent more time than I should :-)
>
>  - I can probably do up the menus themselves if I know what items to put
> where. The whole idea is not something I see myself using for my own
> work, but once it is there, who knows, I may find it useful. They may as
> well be in the order that they would be used.

US menus are better than "averaged" menus, but they are still close
enough to "averaged" menus. Hence users like me do benefit from US menus
and at the same time we're, resp. I'm not confused when switching
distros.

IMO less changes are better. In the near future we'll have to struggle a
lot with other changes from upstream.

I respect your efforts, I'm not willing to contribute myself that much.
However, don't waste to much time with those things.

Once a user is aware of what his/her needs are, the user might simply
run a script to get what he/she needs. It's at least the way I go.

Some distros come with the software I need and they are stable, then I
run my session script and that's all.

US is ok.

Regards,
Ralf

PS: PA was easy to remove, but IMO this is the one of two thing that
really needs to be improved.

No PA. A kernel-rt, instead of a kernel with theradirqs.