firefox book marks

Scott Lavender scottalavender at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 18:39:56 UTC 2012

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 3:53 PM, Len Ovens <len at ovenwerks.net> wrote:

> I have figured out the right way to install firefox default home page and
> bookmarks. I was able to add ubuntustudio's web site as homepage, on the
> bookmarks toolbar and as a bookmark in the bookmark menu.
>
> Scott, you had written in the blueprint:
> forums, help.ubuntu.com, ubuntustudio.org, youtube studio channel?,
> mailing lists
> Could you expand that a bit? URLs would be great, but forum names and
> mailist names would be enough  for those if you are busy.
> help.ubuntu.com.. is that the main one? or something studio specific?
>
> Any other ideas are welcome. Now that I know how and where... it is easy
> enough.
>

> --
> Len Ovens
> www.OvenWerks.net

iI was mostly brainstorming about what could go there. i'll run down what I
got in my head:

forums - I would use http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=335, this
is the ubuntu studio section of the ubuntu forums, you might call it Ubuntu
Studio Forums, while not technically correct.

help.ubuntu.com - i'm not sure we should use this, but we need to make a
definitive decision about where we are hosting the user documentation. i
prefer the website personally over the ubuntu wikis as i think most users
will just google search and find our website rather than the ubuntu wiki.

website - yeah, we should include this, even if we don't host user
documentation there. call it Ubuntu Studio Website or similar

youtube channel - obviously we have already discussed the "Ubuntu Studio
YouTube Channel", which doesn't really exist yet. i wouldn't note this yet.

call it "ubuntu studio users mailing list" :P

it "ubuntu studio developers mailing list" or "ubuntu studio CONTRIBUTORS
mailing list", the latter one is more inclusive

rock on and thanks for all that you are doing,
scottl