Release Candidate Testing

Janne Jokitalo astraljava at kapsi.fi
Sat Apr 14 12:24:37 UTC 2012

On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 08:17:22PM +0800, Mr. E wrote:
> I would very much like to participate in testing.  However, since moving
> to Beijing, I've not yet found found reliable network access that
> exceeds 90's vintage dial-up speed.  Even the Starbucks connection
> leaves much to be desired...

Hi Mr. E,

I suggest you install zsync package, and from the download page choose the
file that ends with .zsync, and then in terminal use the URI with that tool.
Obviously the first time you'll end up downloading the whole DVD, so it'll take
some time. But after that, when there are (likely to become) changes to the
images, the downloads from there onwards are much quicker, just as long as you
remember to use that tool.

I'll give you the exact command once the RCs are up there for grabs.

Thanks for showing the interest!

Best regards,

--
Jaska (astraljava on irc.freenode.net)