An early cry for help for testing Release Candidates

Janne Jokitalo astraljava at kapsi.fi
Thu Apr 12 03:25:38 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 06:33:29PM -0700, Len Ovens wrote:

> On Tue, April 10, 2012 9:50 pm, Janne Jokitalo wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > it's that time again, the end of a cycle is at hand. This time it's
> > something special, too. (yea I know we always say that) But it's the first
> > LTS (long term support) release with the new system basing on Xubuntu (and
> > its XFCE Desktop Environment), so we'd like to ask for Your assistance in
> > making sure all possible wrinkles are getting ironed out, to provide as
> > bug-free release as possible.
>
> It would be nice to know when there are actual changes to look for. Todays ISO
> looks pretty much the same as last week. There are changes, but they don't
> seem to have made it to the ISO yet. (sound icon still doesn't get PA mixer,
> menu not fixed, lightdm BG not changed, etc.)

The uploaders have been pretty busy lately, so that's why our important packages
haven't been refreshed, but should be today as the final freeze is at hand at
2100 UTC. So expect to see the last changes in tomorrow's (Friday the 13th,
oooh...) images.

Normally it's not wise to pollute the mailing lists with these changes, but in
this case, I can do that. Seeing as in principal, it could be the releasable
image already, I'll let you guys know when it's out the oven.

> What we have is pretty good though...

I think so too. Excited to hear what the other users think about it, though.

--
Jaska