PulseAudio -> JACK connection in Oneiric

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Thu Sep 29 05:35:42 UTC 2011

On 09/28/2011 09:42 PM, Marc R.J. Brevoort wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Sep 2011, David Henningsson wrote:
>
>> I gave the PulseAudio/JACK integration a quick check in Ubuntu 11.10,
>> basically I started banshee playing through PulseAudio, and wanted it
>> to play to JACK.
>
> It would be great if that could be made to work by default.

That's what we all want, the problem (as always) is manpower. Volunteers
welcome! For the Natty cycle I wrote module-jackdbus-detect, which
starts the PulseAudio -> JACK connection automatically when (the dbus
enabled version) of JACK is started.

Anyway, let's see if we can fix the three remaining issues for the P
cycle, and then we're there, right? :-)

Also, when I stopped JACK, my Banshee music continued automatically to
sound directly through PulseAudio, so it worked perfectly in that
direction.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic