Volunteering for Ubuntu Studio

Jon Reagan jreagan90 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 22:34:27 UTC 2011

Hey everyone,

My name is Jon, and I'm interested in helping out the Ubuntu Studio
project.  Recently, I read in the release notes from 11.10 that the
project was dealt an "almost complete team fail."  I've enjoyed using
the system and was saddened to hear things did not go as well as
planned.

For a quick bio, I have some background with the Ubuntu project which
I was involved with for roughly two and a half years.  During that
time I filled a number of roles in many different areas of the
project, so I am familiar with the wiki, launchpad, and the like.  I
consider myself a "jack of all trades" but master of none. ;)

Now that I'm at a point where I have more free time on my hands, I was
looking for an opportunity to help out an open source project.  It was
about this time that I read the release notes for Oneiric and thought
I would look into becoming involved with Ubuntu Studio.  I would
really like to help out in the part of the project that needs the most
attention.  I look forward to working with you all!

All the best,

Jon Reagan