bug and solution

Scott Lavender scottalavender at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 16:48:15 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 3:25 PM, Luke Yelavich <themuso at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 06:08:12PM EST, Len Ovens wrote:
> > All the sudo type applications ask for the root password instead of the
> > user password. SUDO works as expected in a terminal.
> >
> > I am not sure but it looks like the last line of the file:
> >
> > /preseed/ubuntustudio.seed
> >
> > sets up the groups the user will be a part of... it is missing admin.
> Sudo
> > uses group adm? I'm guessing...
> >
> > Anyway, when I add the user to the admin group, synaptic works as
> expected.
>
> In precise, we are actually moving away from the admin group, so various
> bits and pieces still need to be changed so they don't use the admin group,
> the preseed file included.
>
> Luke

luke, is this a problem that the ubuntustudio team needs to address?  is
so, can you tell me where and what i should do to resolve it?

len, thank you for bringing up this issue and we appreciate your email and
comments in irc.

depending on luke's answer, probably the best place to report bugs for
ubuntu studio is to file a bug report in launchpad.  this way it not only
gets the broad scope of attention that it deserves, but also keeps
visibility on it as well.

thanks luke and len

scottl