What Ubuntu should I install to help by testing

Mike Holstein mikeh789 at gmail.com
Wed May 25 14:49:34 UTC 2011

i would not use those daily images. if you want to install an actual
functional system, get the last stable iso, install, and then update. at
then link Scott gave,
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/build/ubuntustudio/all you'll see that
there are test cases for the stable iso for natty. those cases will change,
and need to be tested as 11.10 develops. you dont need to test the dailies,
and report here whats not working. the dailies are just that. they are not
expected to be stable. only the stable ones should be expected to be stable,
and in order to contribute properly, just follow the procedure at
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/build/ubuntustudio/all when the new ones
show up. again, this is something where being on the IRC in realtime helps.
sometimes the images have an issue (during crunch time for example) and
we'll get an updated iso, or, and updated iso will be on the way. in this
case, one could really waste a lot of time testing an iso that is already
known to be bad, and being replaced. again, if you have any questions about
the procedure, feel free to ask. there wont be tests like this for a while,
but, when the tests come up, they *must* be performed in order for us to
release the iso.

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 8:12 PM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net>wrote:

>  I changed my mind, I'll keep the official Ubuntu Studio Natty release and
> will install testing releases to another partition.
> A request for help, regarding to the pppoe issue will be send to the users
> mailing list.

MH

http://opensourcemusician.libsyn.com/
http://wnclug.ourproject.org/