Ubuntu Studio 11.10 UI discussion. GNOME3, Unity, XFCE and Studio users workflow.

ailo ailo.at at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 22:17:07 UTC 2011

The reason I bring this up is perhaps there is someone on puredyne's
team that would like to assist in developing Ubuntu Studio, since they
base their system on XFCE and Ubuntu, and will likely not want to do the
same work twice, anyway.

They might have a different set of requirments for their release, but
still, it would make sense to try build some bridges.

I can take the initiative to such a contact, anyhow. I subscribe to
their mail list and am connected to their irc channel. Not much
activity, but it's worth a shot, I think.
Especially since puredyne is a great distro for audio.

On 04/15/2011 07:12 PM, Mike Holstein wrote:
> i agree so much, im top-posting.. anyone know anyone that works on puredyne?
> assuming we have all seen gnome+ubuntustudio in action, maybe some more of
> us can DL puredyne and check it out... it really runs great live
>
> On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 12:32 PM, ailo <ailo.at at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Not to say, live images.
>>
>> On 04/15/2011 06:31 PM, ailo wrote:
>>> At this stage I would want to contact Puredune, since they have a lot of
>>> experience with XFCE.

>> I'll

>> worry
>> cruft.