UDS blueprints for Natty?

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Thu Oct 14 09:52:42 BST 2010

On 2010-10-11 11:45, David Henningsson wrote:
> Hi Ubuntu Studio developers,
>
> I was wondering if any of you are coming to the UDS, are planning to
> participate remotely, or plan to have any related UDS blueprints/sessions?

I've added a blueprint myself that I hope will make it as a UDS session:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/multimedia-platform-n-pro-audio-secured

What do we need to bridge the gap between the Pro audio's need for
reliably low latency, and Ubuntu's secure and just-works standard? E g:
FFADO udev rules, jack and rtkit integration, adding memlock features to
rtkit, make PA a jack client when jack starts, add a jack engine
whenever a FW soundcard is plugged in, etc? Perhaps we can't or
shouldn't do all of these for Natty, but having some of them would be nice.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic