No subject

Mon Dec 14 13:20:02 GMT 2009

which to post, the forums have given people a bad taste for Ubuntu Studio
and even intimidated people.  An open and dedicated forum for Ubuntu Studio
would clearly invite and encourage people to participate in pertinent
discussions.  Build a better community through communication.

Does a website that we cannot control show our self-expression and encourage
attention?  Hosting and managing a dedciated website for Ubuntu Studio
affords us the latitude to include social media, host community artwork and
music, provide Ubuntu Studio blog aggragates (Ubuntu Studio Planet) and even
RSS feeds to existing aggregates.  Build a better community by fostering a
sense of belonging.

I could write more, but I don't have to.

I think most people, especially creative people, can see this could be the
gestation for something great.  Something that benefits us all.  And the
awesome thing about it is that WE can make it what we want.  Every complaint
that has come before can be turned into a powerful and positive suggestion.

This is creative empowerment.  It's up to us to define it, create it and use
it.

Scott L

--001636d33a61160a4d047ab9b048

border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; paddi=
ng-left: 1ex;">
Hi all.<br>
 =A0 =A0 Eric volunteered to revamp the website for Lucid. Although I<br>
assumed (or planned in my head) it would be a simple UI change, he<br>
suggested some changes that would make us more a hub for the creative<br>
community. The more and more I think about this I think it is our next<br>
big step.<br>
 =A0 =A0 At the project&#39;s inception, we strived to stay a part of the U=
buntu<br>
community. Use the same forums, wiki and resources. But, I think this<br>
might have cost us building our own community.<br>
 =A0 =A0 I propose we part with some of the resources we currently use and<=
br>
host our own. Website, wiki, whatever. I wanna brainstorm about this.<br>
Throw it all out there. Eric started a page.<br>
lank">https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/TaskWebRevamp</a><br>
 =A0 =A0 I wanna get some sorta &quot;official sounding&quot; announcement =
we can<br>
broadcast in different spots to get as many folks involved as we can<br>
with ideas.<br>
-Cory K.<br>
--<br>
Ubuntu-Studio-devel mailing list<br>
@lists.ubuntu.com</a><br>
m/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-devel</a><br>
y feel that aligning Ubuntu Studio so closely with Ubuntu has and will cont=
inue to hamper Ubuntu Studio community growth.<br><br>From well meaning, bu=
t misguided advice givers to not knowing which forum in which to post, the =
forums have given people a bad taste for Ubuntu Studio and even intimidated=
 people.=A0 An open and dedicated forum for Ubuntu Studio would clearly inv=
ite and encourage people to participate in pertinent discussions.=A0 Build =
a better community through communication.<br>
urage attention?=A0 Hosting and managing a dedciated website for Ubuntu Stu=
dio affords us the latitude to include social media, host community artwork=
 and music, provide Ubuntu Studio blog aggragates (Ubuntu Studio Planet) an=
d even RSS feeds to existing aggregates.=A0 Build a better community by fos=
tering a sense of belonging.<br>
, especially creative people, can see this could be the gestation for somet=
hing great.=A0 Something that benefits us all.=A0 And the awesome thing abo=
ut it is that WE can make it what we want.=A0 Every complaint that has come=
 before can be turned into a powerful and positive suggestion.<br>

--001636d33a61160a4d047ab9b048--