Ubuntu Studio Art Manager

Cory K. coryisatm at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 21:45:38 BST 2009

Kiernan Holland wrote:
>> I'm missing you here. :) What does this mean?
>>

> Check out UV texture mapping in blender. Here is a link..
>
> The way to project textures onto soldiers in games, is the same way you
> could skin an interface. <snip>

Do you currently understand how GTK theming works?

>>> I think any single theme, is a bad idea.. IF it's going to be about
>>> creativity, it should permit a wide range of themes, and these should be
>>> community created.. That means the elements should be accessible and
>>> selective by the community, as what good is a creative operating system if
>>>
>>> the elements of the interface are not being created by it's creative users.
>>>
>>> I'm sorry but I gotta say that's a bit naive. (but completely
>>> understandable)
>>>

> What's naive about simplicity?

You suggested multiple themes. Which strikes me as a comment made by
someone unfamiliar with the development side of things. (and i said i
understood) Which, as art lead, would be a big plus. But not necessarily
a requirement. Willingness to learn would be the requirement.

Now I can understand how my questions or POV can come across as curt,
but that is not intended. My questions, as former lead on the project,
are what they are because the right person needs to be found for this
position. Someone with artistic as well as technical ability.
Communication skills as well. An understanding of how GTK theming works
is a must.

Again, please remember to CC me or the -devel list on replies.

-Cory K.