Ubuntu Studio Art Manager

Kiernan Holland rofthorax at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 23:39:31 BST 2009

I could contribute some things, but I don't know about being a art manager..

If you could put together a package of the images of a complete package, it
would give us something to play around with, and I'm sure someone could come
up with some themes, but it's not clear where these bitmaps reside.  Also I
could arrange to make blender blend files that would manage the compositing
and texturing/lighting/rendering of the elements, which is something you can
do with blender. You can run blender like a blackbox, providing input and
generating output, I once wrangled and animation unattended from a Makefile.

I think any single theme, is a bad idea.. IF it's going to be about
creativity, it should permit a wide range of themes, and these should be
community created.. That means the elements should be accessible and
selective by the community, as what good is a creative operating system if
the elements of the interface are not being created by it's creative users.

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 3:48 AM, Eric Hedekar <afterthebeep at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hey Everyone,
>
> I just wanted to raise the subject of Art development and management within
> Ubuntu Studio.  As many of you may know, Cory Kontros has stepped away from
> the project for personal reasons and he had previously been spearheading the
> art portion of Ubuntu Studio.  It's my opinion that Cory left us with a
> great default art set, but if it's left to sit still, chances are our users
> will find it stale soon enough.  That's why I'd like to put a call out for a
> new art manager.  The ideal candidate will not be placed directly into this
> position, she/he will have to show they deserve it.  However, they should
> have knowledge of theming all aspects of the gnome desktop (including boot
> splash and GDM).  Is anyone out there interested?  I think the first step is
> to upload your work/modifications/etc... to either a new launchpad bzr or to
> the user art page in the wiki.  Second step would be to talk to the dev team
> in either #ubuntustudio-devel or on the development mailing list.
>
> -Eric

[about me]: chann3lz  bl3nder rofthorax-youtube
[free stuff]: ubuntu  portableapps  winehq virtualbox  ubuntu-studio
 blender3d gimp mythtv
[interests]: cloudcomputing electronics programming simplification
3d-animation music pc-games art