Compiz in Intrepid

Janne Jokitalo astraljava at kapsi.fi
Sat Jun 21 23:40:25 BST 2008

On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 08:27:11AM -0400, Cory K. wrote:
> Luis de Bethencourt wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 12:23 AM, Cory K. <coryisatm at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Do we want to follow Ubuntu and enable Compiz for our Intrepid release?
> >> Maybe turn it on now for testing and see how it goes? Keeping an eye on
> >> things like Blender and A/V apps.
> > Definetly keep an eye of how it behaves with apps like Blender.
> >
> > We should think of a default configuration that would be pleasing for
> > our users. Or are we going with the default ubuntu one? We can use the
> > chance to have different cooler settings. Which doesnt mean more
> > bling, but rethinking about the choices.
> Anyone else?

Well I maintain my position as was stated earlier; there have been claims that
in some cases Compiz enhances performance. We certainly would be better off if
we found out those cases, and whether there are others where performance is
hindered. I don't suppose there's any better way other than trying it out, so
yeah, let's have it on. Still, I'd have it on only if no big issues occur.

Personally, I doubt I'll ever enable it. It seems to be what the majority wants,
though.

--
Jaska