Should Qsampler be dropped from Ubuntu archives?

Luis de Bethencourt bethencourt at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 11:56:11 GMT 2007

let me quote the important bit...

"USAGE of the souce code, libraries and applications FOR COMMERCIAL
HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE PRODUCTS IS NOT ALLOWED"

enfasis in: source code, libraries and applications

this isn't limiting the use of the source in commercial apps like QT
does for example. It is limiting the applications too. Hence not only
linuxsampler (usage as application), but even qsampler (usage as
libraries) must be used with their consent everytime you boot.

this is even more restrictive than some propietary software. I don't
see adobe photoshop asking for permission of use to avoid their
product used in "wrong images".

Luis

Luis de Bethencourt Guimerá
luisbg