Thoughts for default Hardy UI. (.deb included)

Cory K. coryisatm at nc.rr.com
Wed Nov 21 21:09:36 GMT 2007

Cory K. wrote:
> But this post does bring up an interesting thought. How many people run
> apps in full-screen or rarely even use the desktop?
>
> Everyone has panels. Though it shows all mounted drives (not just
> hotplugged ones) would it be better for some to use the panel applet? Or
> is managing them simply through Nautilus the way to go? (this is what
> I'm for)
>
> This is really just a question of convenience and not functionality. I'm
> a functional guy myself and like I said launching Nautilus is fine for me.
>
> You guys?
>
> -Cory \m/

Hmm... Since testing out this idea it seems I am getting some odd
behavior from the applet. Every time I unmount a drive it hangs using
the panel for about 60 seconds or so.

Happens on 3 machines. :\

Also the options provided on right-click in Nautilus or on the desktop
are more.

Hmm... this will take a command decision to settle.

-Cory \m/