menu categories [open question for users]

Oscar spacepluk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 16:32:41 BST 2007

Hi,
That would be a nice structure for the menus, but there are lots of apps
that will fall in several of these categories. Personally, I would be happy
with just a Pro-audio menu with all music-production-related-apps inside it.
And letting the Sound & Video menu alone with standard ubuntu's 'user'
multimedia apps like XMMS, VLC, etc.

Saludosss

PS: excuse my english

2007/6/6, Jacob Creedon <jcreedon at gmail.com>:

> Video and Audio definitely should be in separate categories. Video has few
> enough programs to be a single menu on it's own, but Audio is another story.
> There are more audio programs than both graphics and video combined, so I've
> divided my audio programs into the following categories:
> -Recording/Editing (I can only think of one, maybe two, pieces of
> recording software that doesn't also edit)
> -Sequencing
> -Synthesizers
> -Effects and Signal Processing
> -Other/Misc
> And then I have a playback category, but it includes both audio and video
> playback applications.
>
> On the subject of application launchers... There are a few GUI programs
> that have to be started from the command-line that are semi-ignored
> (timemachine and meterbridge come to mind). It would be nice to have a
> launcher that would open a terminal and print the usage for the command so
> that people can work from there. Or maybe that would be too cluttery.
>
> Jake
>
> On 6/5/07, Luis de Bethencourt <bethencourt at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I made the following question to developers... but we think it woulI'ved
> > be nice to have some user feedback on this one.
> >
> > YOU can help decide how the next release of Ubuntu Studio is going to
> > be, so please do!
> >
> > Luis de Bethencourt

"En cuestiones de cultura y de saber, sólo se pierde lo que se guarda; sólo
se gana lo que se da." - Antonio Machado