menu categories [open question for users]

Luis de Bethencourt bethencourt at
Tue Jun 5 11:30:23 BST 2007

I made the following question to developers... but we think it would
be nice to have some user feedback on this one.

YOU can help decide how the next release of Ubuntu Studio is going to
be, so please do!

Luis de Bethencourt

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Luis de Bethencourt <bethencourt at>
Date: May 16, 2007 11:27 PM
Subject: menu categories
To: ubuntustudio at

Hey guys,
Right now in Ubuntu Studio's menu we have a huge "Sound and Video"
category. Were to grab for example xmms, you have to scroll down for a
while before finding it. This is obviously inconvenient.

Other Ubuntu derivates have already tweaked the menu to have other
categories. I will be taking edubuntu's idea for it. I have already
been playing around with it and can have it done in a few days. But...

Which categories do you guys think we should have?
Sound and video being two categories?
More specific categories like Sound editing and Sound recording?

What do you think?

Luis de Bethencourt Guimerá
<bethencourt at>
GPG: B0ED1326