[Bug 1773811] Re: [SRU] Missing static libs in the -dev package metadata
Jose Luis Rivero
jrivero at osrfoundation.org
Wed Aug 8 12:30:47 UTC 2018
Friendly ping. The bug is affecting most of the Bionic CI mechanisms
that uses the gazebo simulator. i.e. https://github.com/ros-
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Sponsors Team, which is subscribed to the bug report.
[SRU] Missing static libs in the -dev package metadata
Status in gazebo package in Ubuntu:
* The libgazebo9-dev does not include the static libs generated
during the gazebo build.
Users of gazebo binaries can not access to them through the
* At this moment there is only one .a library being generated
(libgazebo_test_fixture.a). This can be checked in the build log:
amd64.gazebo_9.0.0+dfsg5-3ubuntu1_BUILDING.txt.gz (search for Linking
CXX static library)
* The change in the packaging metadata should make the new -dev package
to ship the static libraries.
* To trigger the bug:
apt-get install libgazebo9-dev && find /usr/lib -name libgazebo_*.a && echo "static lib found" || echo "no static lib found"
* The change does not modify in any way any of the current files being
packed but add more regexp to the install fix.
* Upstream debian custom packages made this change long ago and there
was no problem reported:
* I'm part of Gazebo upstream and the debian maintainer.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
More information about the Ubuntu-sponsors