[Merge] lp:~evfool/synaptic/ancientfixes into lp:synaptic

Daniel Hartwig mandyke at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 13:31:19 UTC 2012

On 14 November 2012 20:12, Robert Roth <evfool at gmail.com> wrote:
> Of course it's OK reverting, I have been thinking what I can do
> about that, that's why I haven't replied yet. But until we find a
> better solution, let's leave it as is.

The current code in trunk does not work so well.  See my previous
comment.  It really should not be left as is.

The better solution here is one of:
- always keep the previous choice for download-only; or
- always unset download-only.

Package management is rather complex, it is not likely that there is
a good metric to decide when to unset this selection and when not—in a
way that a user can accurately anticipate.

Someone has reported that the availability of the option was
unexpected for them, in one situation.  Does not mean that anything
more sensible can realisticly be done.

http://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/413453

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~evfool/synaptic/ancientfixes/+merge/93134
Your team Ubuntu Sponsors Team is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~evfool/synaptic/ancientfixes into lp:synaptic.