[Merge] lp:~evfool/synaptic/ancientfixes into lp:synaptic

Michael Vogt michael.vogt at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 14 11:46:32 UTC 2012

On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 02:57:19PM -0000, Daniel Hartwig wrote:
> Please reconsider this change:
>
>   * Hide the only download packages checkbox if there are no files
>     to download (LP: #413453)
>
> because it may still be enabled from a previous run (see ::showAndConfirm).  The check for “download size is nil” is too simple.  You also do *not* want to automagically unset this some times and not others, this is very disruptive behaviour.
>
> To keep things simple, I suggest to revert this change and close the associated bug.

Thanks Daniel, I think this is a valid concern, I reverted this for
now. I hope that is ok with you Robert, please let me know if you have
any alternative ideas, but it seems like its a relatively small change.

Cheers,
 Michael

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~evfool/synaptic/ancientfixes/+merge/93134
Your team Ubuntu Sponsors Team is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~evfool/synaptic/ancientfixes into lp:synaptic.