GSoC 2010 : Deja Dup improvements

Aditya Patawari adimania at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 20:40:15 BST 2010

I want to implement a few features which are presently not there in
deja-dup.

   1.

   I would like to give user some more options while maintaining the
   simplicity of the application. One particular thing in my mind is to give
   the user option to create a full backup from scratch or to backup the new
   files since the last backup without overwhelming the user about the details
   of differential backups.
   2.

   Profiles for different target locations : People usually place their
   backups in different directories, probably one directory for weekly backups
   and other for monthly. This will feature will create profiles for these
   directories with separate settings.

An approach to this is mentioned at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GSoC/2010/adityapatawari. Please suggest
improvements. Any constructive criticism is most welcomed.

--
Aditya Patawari
http://yaps.co.in